WestWater Research is seeking qualified applicants to identify, develop, manage and negotiate acquisition and divestiture of water rights and water development projects on behalf of clients located throughout the United States, with a focus on the western United States.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The candidate will be responsible for identifying and developing potential water transactions, evaluating investment opportunities, conducting due diligence, preparing, developing and reviewing financial analyses, valuing water assets and negotiating purchase and sale agreements for water transactions. Other duties will include leading the day-to-day project team of associates, outside legal counsel, consultants and other professionals on transactions. Additionally, the Senior Associate will assist other team members with project work on WestWater's consulting projects including water right valuations and water right transaction projects.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Originate and analyze water investment opportunities in the western United States to identify the most attractive investments by asset types and market locations, with an emphasis on equity co-investments.
- Lead day-to-day project team for transactions.
- Develop financial projections and perform other economic and financial analyses to evaluate potential investments.
- Coordinate due diligence efforts and provide technical support for projects.
- Develop client reports and presentations for WestWater's consulting projects.
- Assist in staff development, including fostering a strong team environment.
- Assist and lead new client and business development initiatives.
- Masters in Agricultural or Resource Economics, MBA, Financial or related advanced field (preferred).
- 5 years employment experience in a relevant field.
- Significant transactional experience (investment banking, private equity, real estate, etc.).
- Experience in economics and finances related to water, agricultural land and agriculture, environmental issues, energy, and related issues.
- Experience in water resources, water policy and water rights is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The position is located in the western United States near client locations. To be considered, please send a cover letter with statement of interest in the water rights acquisition industry, a resume, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
WESTWATER RESEARCH BACKGROUND INFORMATION: WestWater Research (WWR) is the leading economic and financial advisory firm in the water rights industry. WWR specializes in water transaction advisory services, water investment and marketing services, water valuation, and water resource economics. Over the last ten years, WestWater has forged new approaches to water markets through the development of innovative contracting solutions, unique marketing approaches, and in-depth water trading analyses. WWR maintains the largest, high quality database of water right transactions covering the western U.S. to assist private and public sector clients in making well-informed decisions. WestWater is the market leader in the water rights industry.