The International Food Policy Research Institute
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow for a two-year, fixed term, renewable appointment for its Markets, Trade & Institutions Division. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, DC but may involve travel to any of the countries in which IFPRI carries out its research.
Postdoctoral Fellow/Research Fellow/MTID (Position # 12-167)
The candidate will help support IFPRI's research program to research and test ways in which applied mechanism design can help to promote factor markets development in developing countries, through the use of experimental economics methods.
Please note that Postdoctoral appointments at IFPRI have a maximum term of three (3) years, inclusive of any approved appointment extensions.
- PhD in Economics or be near completion of a PhD
- Specialization in experimental economics
- Minimum three years' experience running, designing and implementing economic experiments
- Demonstrated excellent econometric skills and ability to use economic theory in innovative and policy relevant ways
- Demonstrated experience in collecting and analyzing primary survey data
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to travel extensively
- Excellent written and spoken English fluency
- Spanish and/or French language skills
IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: External Candidates: Log on to http://www.ifpri.org. Click on "Careers" and "IFPRI's Most Recent Positions" to link you to Position 12-167 - Post Doctoral Fellow/Research Fellow. Please complete on-line application, including a complete curriculum vitae and detailed letter of interest. Also complete section providing 3 references.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For more information on IFPRI, please visit our website at http://www.ifpri.org