BEROC, the Belarusian Economics Research and Outreach Center
BEROC, the Belarusian Economics Research and Outreach Center ( http://www.beroc.by) has a job opening for an Academic Director.
Academic Director, Belarus
- provide effective leadership to the research staff
- develop research program and supervise its implementation
- contribute to the development of the Center's strategy
- mentor research staff
- create and support academic collaborations with other institutions
- take part in consultations and negotiations with donors
- PhD in Economics
- Experience in high quality academic and policy relevant economics research
- Excellent academic leadership and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualise, plan and implement strategic developments within the context of broad plans
- Experience in leading, managing and coordinating a broad range of academic functions in line with strategic objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the demonstrated capacity to effectively work cooperatively and to mentor research staff
- Fluent in Russian/Belarusian and English
FURTHER INFORMATION: Salary will be determined individually. Contracts can be for up to two years and can start from any time. The interviews will be done at the AEA meetings in San Diego.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please send cover letter, CV, sample of publication(s) and references to: email@example.com until November 26, 2012.