The International Food Policy Research Institute
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to serve as a Postdoctoral/Research Fellow for its Development Strategy and Governance Division. The successful candidate will conduct research on issues related to impact evaluation of public investments and policy changes and on applied microeconomics.
Postdoctoral/Research Fellow - Impact Evaluation and Applied Microeconomics (Position # 12-152-)
JOB DESCRIPTION: The position is a two-year, fixed-term, exempt appointment, and is renewable depending on performance and funding. Please note that Postdoctoral Fellow appointments at IFPRI have a maximum term of three (3) years, inclusive of any approved appointment extensions. This position is based at IFPRI headquarters located in Washington, D.C. The final grade level will be determined by demonstrated experience and track record of publications.
- Work on impact evaluation, including design of household, farmer and trader surveys, empirical micro econometric modeling, and household and production analysis.
- Support work of IFPRI's Country Strategy Support Programs through participation in training and outreach activities.
- Ph.D. in Economics or closely related field;
- Significant applied econometric skills;
- Experience in state of the art impact evaluation methods;
- Strong capabilities in quantitative analysis;
- Experience in collecting and analyzing primary survey data;
- Excellent communication skills in written & spoken English;
- Ability to travel extensively;
- Goal-oriented and creative team player.
- Work experience in Africa or Asia is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of French is also desirable.
ABOUT IFPRI: IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Go to http://www.ifpri.org. Click on "Careers" and "Research" to link you to Position # 12-152 Postdoctoral/Research Fellow, DSGD. Please complete on-line application, including a complete curriculum vitae and a detailed letter of interest. Also complete section providing 3 references.
For more information on IFPRI, visit our website at http://www.ifpri.org