Motu Economic and Public Policy Research (Motu)
Motu Economic and Public Policy Research (Motu) is New Zealand's leading private economic research organisation. It undertakes research to a high international standard and its research is strongly applicable to long term public policy.
JOB DESCRIPTION: They are seeking a new Director who will take responsibility for the overall performance of both the Motu Research Trust and the Motu Foundation. The role is part-time (3 days) and based in central Wellington. This will allow the successful candidate to pursue other opportunities for the remainder of the week.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the key tasks of the role are to:
- ensure a high standard of organisational performance through strong leadership, a deep understanding of the core business and sound administration
- ensure a strong focus on the external dissemination of Motu's research
- build the standing of the organisation within Aotearoa/New Zealand and overseas
- develop and strength networks and relationships both internally/externally and nationally/internationally
- increase income for the Motu Foundation
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have a Master's Degree or PhD in Economics or a closely related field. You would have at least 8 years work experience in research, academia and/or a public policy. In short, someone who is respected internationally for intellectual leadership in a specific, relevant research field. You would bring to the role a demonstrated track in management and great networks.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: If you feel you meet the person specification and consider yourself to have a commitment to excellence and objectivity, please request a job description before applying from: Louise Parkin on firstname.lastname@example.org, +64 21 832 251 or skype: execucarenz
Expressions of interest should preferably be made by the 11th June 2012 although this role will remain open until filled. Visa sponsorship available.