The International Food Policy Research Institute
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a visionary, dynamic, and creative Director for the CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets. The Program, led by IFPRI, brings together 10 CGIAR centers and numerous partners from around the world. The objective of the Program is to enhance food security and income for rural poor while improving outcomes for the environment through improved policy, strengthened institutions, and enhanced Markets. ( http://www.ifpri.org/book-8234/ourwork/division/policies-institutions-and-markets-crp2 ). The Program Director will report to IFPRI's Director General, and will be based in Washington, DC.
Director, Cgiar Research Program on Policies, Institutions, and Markets (Position #12-128)
- Providing intellectual and management leadership for the Program, ensuring that all components function well and meet their milestones;
- Developing a clear shared vision for the Program among participating centers and other partners;
- Coordinating work plans, budgets, reporting, monitoring, and evaluation among participating centers and other partners;
- Working closely with the Management Committee to set priorities for funding and for broader communications and resource mobilization;
- Managing the Performance Implementation Agreements with the CGIAR Consortium Board;
- Representing the Program externally as needed; and
- Supervising staff within Program Director's unit.
- PhD in a relevant discipline, including agriculture, economics, sociology, political science, or other social sciences;
- At least 15 years of relevant experience, including research management experience, in an international, multidisciplinary, and multicultural environment;
- Proven expertise in leading collaborative and cross-cutting research;
- Familiarity with the current state of knowledge, policy, and practice across the Program research agenda;
- Proven fundraising record;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluency in English with proficiency in other international languages preferred.
ABOUT IFPRI: IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: External Candidates: Go to: http://www.ifpri.org. Click on "Careers" and "Research" to link you to Position #12-128 - Director, CGIAR Research Program on Policies, Institutions and Markets (CRP2), DGO. Please complete on-line application, including a complete curriculum vitae and a detailed letter of interest. Also complete section providing 3 references.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For more information on IFPRI, visit our website at: http://www.ifpri.org