Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond
The Research Department of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is looking for a manager for the Current Analysis staff of the Regional Economics Group. In this role, the manager has oversight of staff who provide regional economic analysis and research for Bank officers, the board of directors, and the public. The section manager coordinates production of regular reports and surveys on the Fifth District economy and also explores new sources of regional data and business intelligence. The manager advises department officers and staff on emerging issues in the Fifth District and contributes to ongoing research efforts. The position is located in Richmond, VA.
Regional Economics Manager (Requisition #226386)
IMPORTANT DETAILS: With an application, candidates are required to submit a CV or resume, a cover letter, and a writing sample. Required documents should be uploaded as attachments to your electronic submission.
- The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on Friday, April 20, 2012.
- The hiring range is $97,500-$122,000, annually.
- The market range is $97,500 - $152,500, annually.
- Candidates subject to special background check procedures.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Essential Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manages the daily activities of the Current Analysis staff, including supervising personnel and monitoring staff workloads and work schedules. Also coordinates the efforts of Richmond staff to complete regularly scheduled tasks and special projects.
- Assists the group's officer in assessing staffing needs for the Richmond office. Also performs personnel functions related to the Current Analysis staff, including professional development and performance evaluations.
- Contributes to both internal and external reports prepared by the Regional Group through writing and editing. Regularly produced reports include Beige Book, regional memo for Pre-FOMC meetings, web content, monthly surveys, Snapshot and others.
- Oversees the process for the Fifth District monthly surveys of business activity and quarterly surveys of small business and agricultural credit conditions.
- Oversees the industry roundtables in collaboration with the Regional Economists in Baltimore and Charlotte, to include the planning of an annual summit.
- Analyzes the economy of the Fifth District and provides content for Bank publications and the public website.
- Occasionally performs tasks in the absence of the group's officer, including presenting the regional memo at Pre-FOMC meetings and attending internal meetings affecting the Regional Group.
- Responds to special data requests for regional information from the general public, the business community, and internal users.
- Degree in economics or public policy is required; Masters degree is required, PhD is preferred. A minimum of three years of relevant business economics or related experience is also required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in a supervisory capacity required.
- Solid background in economic analysis, especially regional economics.
- Knowledge of survey issues and methodology.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Extensive knowledge of economic information and data.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and statistical software packages; knowledge of ArcGIS a bonus.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: For more details and to submit your information, please visit our website at http://www.richmondfed.org and follow the links for career opportunities. Create your profile, including your unique login and password. Once your profile is complete, upload your documents, attach your profile to open requisition #226386 (Regional Research Manager) and hit "Submit" Your information will immediately come into the assigned recruiter's view.