National Research University Higher School of Economics
Postdoctoral Fellows Program in Moscow, Russian Federation
Application deadlines: March 15, 2012/April 15, 2012
The leading Russian University, National Research University Higher School of Economics (HSE), invites applications for its 2012-2013 postdoctoral fellows program.
QUALIFICATIONS: This competitive institutional award is open to recent doctorates (Ph.D. degree within the past 3 years from non-Russian universities) and doctoral students who have completed their Ph.D. thesis in Economics and Sociology. We welcome applicants with research interests across the full range of sociology and economics fields.
DESCRIPTION: The appointment is for one year with a salary of 120,000 rubles per month for the research fellowship in economics and 100,000 rubles per month for the research fellowship in sociology. Research-related travel funding up to 60,000 rubles per year may be made available to each fellow. The postdoctoral fellow will be eligible for one roundtrip flight (economy class), health insurance, accommodation at HSE professors' guesthouse, administrative support, and free Russian language training course.
DEADLINES: Successful applicants can begin their program on June 1, 2012 or September 1, 2012. Application deadlines for fellowships are specified below:
- For fellowships beginning on June 1, 2012 application deadline is March 15, 2012 and notifications of Selection Results will be made by April 1, 2012.
- For fellowships beginning on September 1, 2012 application deadline is April 15, 2012 and notifications of Selection Results will be made by May 1, 2012.
The postdoctoral fellow is expected to pursue his/her own independent research interests, make no less than two presentations of the research before the affiliated department or broader audience, and deliver about 15 hours of individual consultations on academic writing for their Russian colleagues and/or students.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To apply, submit a cover letter and CV, a short (2-3 pages) statement of research interests and proposed research, and the names and contact information for 2 references. Applications should be submitted electronically to the attention of Mr. Boris Zhelezov, firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about HSE can be found at:
- http://www.hse.ru/en for general information
- http://ir.hse.ru/istaff/Departments for HSE international academic staff
- http://ir.hse.ru/istaff/conditions for information about HSE professors' guest house