The International Food Policy Research Institute
The CGIAR Research Program on Agriculture for Improved Nutrition and Health (CRP4) will work to accelerate progress in improving the nutrition and health of poor people by re-shaping agriculture and food systems through new, creative policies and investments that take an interdisciplinary perspective. Led by International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in close collaboration with International Livestock Research Institute, CRP4 brings together 12 CGIAR centers and multiple partners from agriculture, nutrition, and health communities from around the world.
Position # 11-212 - Research Fellow/Senior Research Fellow - CRP4
JOB DESCRIPTION: The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a qualified candidate to fill the position of Senior Research Fellow or Research Fellow for a three-year, fixed-term, renewable appointment. This position will report to the CPR4 Director and lead research on building the evidence base to support decisions on priority policies, investments and actions for agricultural interventions to improve human nutrition and health. The research fellow will play a critical role in the program by leading efforts in the design and evaluation of research and in outcome mapping and impact assessment within the program. There will be a strong role in supporting research teams within CRP4 with these tasks. This position will support research on new indicators and metrics for cross-sectoral agriculture, nutrition and health outcomes and impacts. The fellow will be expected to lead and conduct research on evaluation and evidence of nutrition and health impacts and to develop key partnerships.
- Leading and conducting research on evaluation and impact assessment of agricultural policies, investments and interventions for human nutrition and health
- Supporting evaluation research within CRP4 conducted by collaborating Centers and partners, including supervising and mentoring research teams and staff and supporting the capacity development of partner institutions and staff
- Leading the development and implementation of a strategy for CRP evaluation
- Developing a network of research and policy partners for new metrics and indicators to assess cross-sectoral impacts
- Work closely with donor and senior government stakeholders on programs and projects
- Publishing research in peer-review publications as well as communicating research to the broader agriculture, nutrition and health communities in various forms
- Contributing to preparation of internal and external program reviews
- PhD in agricultural economics, economics or quantitative social science and knowledge of nutrition and health or PhD in public health, epidemiology, nutrition with experience in evaluation and impact assessment
- 7+ years of post-PhD experience relevant to the job
- Experience in conducting evaluations of agriculture, nutrition and health programs and projects
- Demonstrated ability to critically assess own and others' research
- Excellent publication record in peer-review journals
- Demonstrated leadership in developing global research programs for policy recommendations
- Demonstrated experience in effective interactions in a multicultural and international development setting with other researchers and with policymakers, donors, and civil society, facilitating impact of research and capacity strengthening
- Major external recognition within peer professional network due to publications and other leaderships activities
- Willingness to travel extensively as required
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills with demonstrated excellence in written and oral presentations
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong experience building and managing teams
- Experience in leading and managing research and partnerships in developing countries
ABOUT IFPRI: IFPRI is one of the international agricultural research institutes organized under the umbrella of the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). The mandate of IFPRI is to identify and analyze alternative national and international strategies and policies for meeting world food needs in ways that conserve the natural resource base, with emphasis on low income and on the poorer groups in the countries.
IFPRI offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. IFPRI is an international and equal opportunity organization and believes that diversity of its staff contributes to excellence. We encourage women and developing country professionals to apply.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Go to: http://www.ifpri.org. Click on "Careers" and "Research Positions" to link you to Position # 11-212 - Research Fellow/Sr. Research Fellow, CRP4. Please complete on-line application, including a complete curriculum vitae and a detailed letter of interest. Also complete section providing 3 references.
FURTHER INFORMATION: For more information on IFPRI, please visit our website at http://www.ifpri.org