Call For Papers
September 23-24, 2014, St. Louis, Missouri
Community Banking in the 21st Century: Federal Reserve System/Conference of State Bank Supervisors Second Annual Community Banking Research Conference
Deadline: June 15, 2014
The Federal Reserve System and the Conference of State Bank Supervisors invite the submission of papers for their second annual research and policy conference, which will be held Sept. 23-24, 2014 at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
The purpose of the conference is to bring together academics, community bankers, regulators and policymakers to focus on the latest academic research on community banking and the important policy issues that affect community banks.
TOPICS: We invite the submission of papers that explore all aspects of community banking, including, but not limited to:
- the role that community banks play in the U.S. financial system;
- the influence of community banks on economic output and the wellbeing of the businesses and households in the communities they serve;
- the impact of technological innovation on the products, services, structure and viability of community banks;
- the costs and benefits of community bank regulation and supervision, as well as recommendations for increasing the benefit/cost ratio; and
- actual and expected effects of current competition, including from the shadow banking system, on the products, services, structure and viability of community banks.
We welcome theoretical, empirical and policy-oriented papers.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: The deadline to submit a detailed abstract or completed paper is June 15, 2014. Please send your submissions by email to email@example.com
Authors of accepted papers will be notified by Aug. 1, 2014. Additional information is available at the conference web site: http://www.stlouisfed.org/CBRC2014