Call for Papers
December 7 - 9, 2012, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, India
3rd Annual Global Conference on Entrepreneurship & Technology Innovation (AGCETI 2012)
Call for Papers for the 3rd Annual Global Conference on Entrepreneurship & Technology Innovation (AGCETI 2012) being organized by Syndicate Bank Entrepreneurship Research and Training Centre (SBERTC), IIT Kanpur in association with:
Asian Entrepreneurship Association (AEA), India
International Management Institute (IMI), New Delhi
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), New York, USA
National Entrepreneurship Network (NEN), Bangalore
Conference Date: December 7 - 9, 2012
Paper Submission Deadline: October 19, 2012
Notification of Selected Papers: November 7, 2012
Ph.D. Consortia: December 9, 2012
Conference website: http://siic.iitk.ac.in/agceti/ocs-2.1.2/index.php/agceti2012/3rdagceti
PURPOSE: Given the current global context technology innovation and management are inherently linked to fostering and sustaining competitive advantage. AGCETI aims at threading together these separate themes. Toward this end the conference invites the participation of academia, industry and policy makers to address theory and practice regarding the linkage between technology, innovation and entrepreneurship. Intent is to highlight the criticality of developing entrepreneurial talent in boosting technology innovation.
Research papers, case studies are invited on all aspects related to technology innovation and entrepreneurship. Of special interest are those papers with specific focus on the Asian Region or which can contribute to Asian region learning.
TOPICS: The paper sessions will broadly be organized around:
1. Innovation & Entrepreneurship Ecosystem
2. Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Processes and practices
3. Emerging frontiers in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
4. Science and Technology Policy: Impact on Entrepreneurship and Innovation
An indicative list of topics include:
- Infrastructure Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Innovation & Growth
- Intellectual Assets, Rights & Property
- Value Creation & New Product Development
- Open Innovation
- Innovative Business Models
- The Start-up Process & Customer Development Methodologies
- Business Innovation
- Innovation Clusters and Networks
- Design Thinking for Innovation and Enterprise Creation
- Management of Creativity
- Incubation to International Commercialization
- Policy Framework for Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- High-tech Clusters and Competitiveness
- Industry-Academia-Government Cooperation
- Technology Innovation Management and Competitiveness
- Technology Transfer, Absorption and Capability Building
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship and Sustainability
LIST OF SPEAKERS:
- Prof. A.K. Mittal (IIT Kanpur, India)
- Prof. Ian Angell (London School of Economics, U.K)
- Prof. Rama Velamuri (China Europe International Business School, P.R. China)
- Prof. Ole Hanseth (University of Oslo, Norway)
- Prof. Rajat Kathuria (IMI - Delhi, India)
- Prof. Lois Peters (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, NY, USA)
- Prof. Gurpreet Dhillion (Virginia Commonwealth University, USA)
- Prof. B.V Phani (IIT Kanpur, India)
- Prof. Deepu Philip (IIT Kanpur, India)
- Prof. Abhishek Nirjar (IMI-Delhi, India)
- Prof. Ashutosh Khanna (IMI - Delhi, India)
- Prof. Maha Shaikh (Warwick Business School, U.K)
- Dr. Yannis Avgerinos (Democritus University of Thrace & Hellenic Competition Commission, Greece; European Law Institute, Vienna, Austria)
- Dr. Prodromos Tsiavos (London School of Economics, U.K)
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Participants who wish to present their research at the conference must send a full paper (in PDF) not exceeding 6,000 words to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than October 19th 2012.
- The cover page should contain the title and author information.
- The abstract and the main paper should be devoid of author information.
- Funds are available for travel support for the authors.
- A few papers from those submitted will be selected by the editorial committee for travel awards.
- One author of the selected papers will be provided travel support to the conference by Air in economy class.
- Local hospitality will be taken care of by the conference organizers.
- All submissions will be blind refereed by at least two reviewers.
- Acceptance of the paper will be communicated on or before November 7th 2012.
- Early submissions are encouraged.
BEST PAPER AWARDS: Three papers will be selected for the best paper award and a prize of Rs. 50000, 25000 and 25000 will be given.
The right to publish the accepted papers in conference proceedings rests with the organizers of the conference. The specifics of publication will be communicated within one month after the conference dates.
REGISTRATION FOR AGCETI: The registration fee for the conference is Rs. 2000/$50, which will include:
a) All meals for the three days of the conference.
b) Conference material and a copy of the conference proceedings of AGCETI 2011.
c) One year membership of Asian Entrepreneurship Association (AEA).
FURTHER INFORMATION: For any further information regarding the conference please contact:
Ms. Seema Potluri
Syndicate Bank Entrepreneurship Research and Training Centre (SBERTC)
Kanpur (U.P.) 208 016, India
Ph: +91-512-2598837, +91 9454137880
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org