Call for Papers
October 18 - 19, 2012, Accra, Ghana, West Africa
The Central Bank of Ghana and Africa Rural and Agricultural Credit Association International Conference - Enhancing the Agricultural Value Chain through Innovation
The Bank of Ghana (The Central Bank of the Republic of Ghana) in collaboration with the African Rural and Agriculture Credit Association (AFRACA) is organizing a 2-day International Conference for academics and practitioners as well as financiers on the theme Enhancing the Agricultural Value Chain through Innovation" October 18 - 19, 2012 in Accra, Ghana, West Africa.
TOPICS: Papers for the conference should cover but not limited to the following areas:
- Innovation in Agricultural Financing
- Dealing with Risk in Agricultural Financing
- The Public Private Partnership (PPP) Concept and Improving Rural Livelihoods
- The Global Financial Meltdown: Implication for Agricultural Financing
- Effective Country Policy Programmes that Accelerate Access to Rural and Agricultural Financing
- Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Agriculture: Opportunities and Challenges
- Best Practices/Outstanding Case Studies on Rural/Agricultural Finance in Africa
- The Effect of Global Warming on Agriculture
- Access to Finance and Markets by Small Scale Farmers using the Value Chain Approach
- ICT and the Agriculture Value Chain Process
Papers from both academics and practitioners are welcome.
DATES: The following dates are important:
Deadline for submission of abstracts: July 1, 2012
Notification of decision on abstracts: July 15, 2012
Submission of full papers: August 31, 2012
PAPER SUBMISSIONS/FURTHER INFORMATION: High quality papers will be considered for a Special Edited Volume "Agriculture Financing and Enhancing the Value Chain Process: Lessons and Challenges". All papers accepted for consideration for inclusion in the edited volume will be double blindly reviewed and authors will be required to incorporate review comments before publication.
All correspondence relating to the conference must be sent to the following email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org