Call for Papers
September 20-21, 2012, Sveriges Riksbank, Stockholm, Sweden
Sovereign Debt and Default
Sveriges Riksbank, the central bank of Sweden, will host a workshop on theoretical and empirical research regarding "Sovereign Debt and Default" on September 20-21, 2012.
TOPICS: Suitable paper topics include:
- Advances in modeling debt and default (multiple equilibria and equilibrium selection
policy-credibility, term structure,...)
- Alternative debt restructuring procedures and their impact
- Costs of default: growth, future access to debt markets,...
- Interactions with financial markets and intermediaries (banks, rating agencies,...)
- Implications for financial stability, monetary and macroprudential policy
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: We invite theoretical and empirical contributions on these and related topics. Participation in the conference has been confirmed by Manuel Amador (Stanford), Cristina Arellano (Minneapolis Fed), Carmen Reinhart (Peterson Institute) and Mark Wright (UCLA). Submissions should be made in PDF format by April 8th, 2012 to email@example.com. Authors will be notified by mid-May, 2012. Sveriges Riksbank will cover expenses for economy-class travel and accommodation for paper presenters and discussants.
FURTHER INFORMATION: The organizing committee consists of Roberto Billi, Tobias Broer, Ferre De Graeve, Martin Floden, Tor Jacobson and Per Krusell. The program and other information about the conference will be posted on the Riksbank website: ( http://www.riksbank.com/research/conferences), which also contains information about past conferences. Questions can be directed to Lena Lofgren, firstname.lastname@example.org