Conference Announcement and Call for Papers
July 2-4, 2012, Paris, France
61st Meeting of The French Economic Association (AFSE)
The 61th Meeting of the French Economic Association (Association Francaise de Science Economique, AFSE) will be held in Paris, hosted by Universite Pantheon-Assas (U. Paris 2), July 2-4, 2012. Original papers are solicited in all fields of economics. Submissions are accepted in English and in French, though presentations will be in English.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE: Contributions are to be submitted online; see the association's website: http://www.afse.fr
The deadline for submitting a paper is 1st April. Decisions will be notified early in May.
SPEAKERS: The plenary speakers will be:
- Jonathan Eaton, Professor at Pennsylvania State University (Jean-Jacques Laffont Lecture)
- Jean-Claude Trichet, Former President of the European Central Bank
The presidential address will be given by Hubert Kempf, Professor at Ecole Normale Superieure, Cachan.
AWARDS: Several awards will be announced during the Meeting:
- Best doctoral thesis in economics
- Best doctoral thesis in monetary and financial economics (Fondation Banque de France)
- Edmond Malinvaud Award for the best article published by an economist under 40 working in a French institution.