University of Sydney Business School
- The opportunity to contribute to world class Accounting education and research within the University of Sydney Business School
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Accounting
- Full-time, continuing: $104.6K-$147.6K p.a. including salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: The University of Sydney is Australia's first university and has an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. It employs over 7500 permanent staff supporting over 49,000 students.
ABOUT THE BUSINESS SCHOOL: Our University of Sydney Business School is regarded as a leader in the region, and is one of the very few Australian schools to hold business and accounting accreditation from AACSB International and EQUIS accreditation from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD). It is also the only Australian member school of CEMS, the Community of European Management Schools & International Companies.
ABOUT THE ACCOUNTING GROUP: Our Discipline of Accounting has an outstanding international reputation in research, learning, development of resources, and journal publishing and works in close co-operation with industry, commerce and the accounting profession. The discipline is home to two well known and highly rated international journals: Abacus and Australian Accounting Review.
JOB DESCRIPTION: We are currently seeking to make two (2) new appointments in the Discipline of Accounting at either lecturer or senior lecturer level. As a successful applicant you will contribute to:
- the effective teaching of financial accounting, curriculum development and the enhancement of teaching methodology
- the research strengths of the school, including the pursuit of competitive research grants and regular publication in journals of high national and international standing
- the school's expanding program of professional and industry research collaboration
- the supervision of higher degree research students
- academic administration and service activities
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: To be successful you will possess:
- a completed PhD in accounting or related discipline
- demonstrated ability to contribute to high quality teaching of accounting
- an active program of accounting related research
- an established record of high quality refereed journal publications (for senior lecturer level) or evidence of the ability to publish refereed journal articles and the potential for future high quality publications (for lecturer level)
- expertise in one or more of the major areas of accounting, including financial accounting
- evidence of successful teamwork and a collegial approach
- course and program development experience (for senior lecturer level)
- leadership skills, administrative experience and evidence of service contributions (for senior lecturer level)
APPLICATIONS/FURTHER INFORMATION: For full details and to apply visit: http://Sydney.edu.au/positions and search by 836/0512
CLOSES: 12 September 2012