The Division of Accounting & Law at Babson College invites applicants for a lecturer position in accounting to start fall 2013. For a lecturer position, an applicant must have at least a Masters degree and 3 or more years of prior business and teaching experience. The applicant must also be engaged actively in advancing the profession.
Lecturer in Accounting
Screening of application will begin on August 1, 2012 and continue until the position is filled.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE: Babson College, located 14 miles west of Boston, is an independent school of management that takes a unique approach to preparing undergraduates, graduate students, and working professionals for the challenges of the modern business world. Babson's dynamic curriculum focuses on developing skills that transcend business so that students gain multidimensional abilities and can make important contributions to business and society. Our students understand that economic and social value creation are not mutually exclusive, but instead are integral to each other. The fundamental business skills and entrepreneurial mindset they cultivate at Babson equip them to make a difference on campus and around the world.
Babson has nearly 2,000 full-time undergraduate students and more than 1,300 full and part-time graduate students. Our highly diverse student body hails from 45 U.S. states and 57 countries. Non-U.S. students comprise more than 20% of undergraduate students and more than 40% of our full time graduate students. Babson offers a Bachelor of Science degree, MS and MBA programs, and executive education programs worldwide.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: We seek faculty who are aligned with our values of teaching excellence, collaboration, diversity and inclusiveness, and those who embrace our mission to educate leaders who create great economic and social value everywhere. We seek candidates who are eager to engage as educators among a diverse student community.
We are looking for an accomplished teacher/scholar who:
- Is passionate about teaching and who has a proven track record of teaching excellence and innovative curriculum development
- Brings depth in scholarly or practical expertise that will add to the intellectual community of the College
- Is a team player, willing to lead and collaborate with faculty from multiple disciplines to design and teach courses in an integrated, cross-disciplinary context
- Is curious about and comfortable with technology and the possibility of teaching in a blended/online environment
- Has the ability to navigate and embrace complexity, ambiguity, and change
- Is experienced in teaching, service, and scholarship in ways that will enhance the college's commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Will be a fun, engaging, helpful colleague who is committed to the success of Babson College
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Interested applicants please view this posting and apply online at: https://babson.peopleadmin.com
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/q9rj4nz