The KU Leuven, The Humanities and Social Sciences Group
The KU Leuven, The Humanities and Social Sciences Group; Department of Economics; Center for Economic Studies are looking for a Research Associate (f/m) - ABV201220
Research in the Working Group Public Economics covers a wide range of topics: social security and health insurance, public finance and the economics of multilevel government, personal income taxes, societal capital and economic performance measurement, social choice theory, welfare measurement and income distribution analysis, household behaviour modelling. Next to its theoretical work, the working group has shown a strong interest in applying recent theoretical insights for the concrete analysis of public policy, for instance by applying microsimulation.
- Your research is part of a broader research project concerning the impact of the European Union on social and economic policies in the Member States. This broader research project has a dual ambition: first, to contribute to a better understanding of what might be a desirable and feasible model of "socio-economic governance" by the European Union; second, to evaluate the impact of Member States' policy choices that are associated with the socio-economic policy goals of the European Union, by means of concrete empirical research. The interaction between labour market policy and social protection is a focal point of this research.
- Scientific research, with a view to publications.
- You have a Doctorate or a PhD in Economics; a Doctorate or PhD in Social Science or Political Science is also acceptable, if you have sufficient experience with quantitative empirical research.
- You are able to work independently, but you are also motivated to contribute to the broader research project and to invest in strengthening our international networking for that project.
- You have good communication skills in English (both oral and scientific writing).
OUR OFFER: We offer an employment as full-time research associate starting at 2012, May 1st for 4 years.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Please visit http://www.kuleuven.be/vacatures and apply online. For more information about the job description, please contact Prof. Dr. F. Vandenbroucke, email@example.com
Applications must be received no later than 2/04/2012. K.U.Leuven carries out an equal opportunity and diversity policy.