Call for Submissions
Organized by Kobe University, Kyoto University, and Doshisha University, November 9, 2012
The 3rd International Conference of The Japanese Accounting Review in Kyoto
SPEAKER INFORMATION: Professor Philip Brown will be the keynote speaker for the Conference. He is currently a professor of accounting and finance at the University of New South Wales. Capital markets-based research in accounting was pioneered by Professor Brown and his colleagues in the 1960s.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: We are pleased to call for submissions for the 3rd international conference of The Japanese Accounting Review (TJAR) to be held at Doshisha University's Kanbai-kan located in Muromachi Campus on November 9, 2012*. The conference committee invites accounting researchers from around the globe to submit interesting and innovative papers. The areas of coverage include, but are not limited to: Financial Accounting and Reporting, Taxation, Auditing, Management Accounting, International Accounting, Accounting History, and Accounting Education.
*Around the same time, the 13th Annual Conference of the Asian Academic Accounting Association (AAAA) will be held from November 9-12, 2012 at the main campus of Kyoto University, which is near the venue of the TJAR Conference (i.e., Doshisya University).
SUBMISSION PATTERN: We prepare the following two-submission pattern for the Conference:
(a) SUBMISSION FOR THE REVIEW AND THE CONFERENCE: This submission pattern is suitable for researchers who wish their papers to be considered for publication in the Review and also presentation at the Conference. Paper submissions will be treated as normal submissions to the Review and undergo peer-reviewed to ensure compatibility with the Review's aims and scope. Manuscripts must be original, unpublished, and not currently under review by other journals. The reviewer(s) will provide timely feedback on the submitted paper. Papers accepted under this submission pattern will be published in the Review subject to appropriate response to reviewer's comments.
(b) SUBMISSION FOR THE CONFERENCE: This submission pattern is suitable for researchers who do not wish to submit a paper to the Review but wish to make a presentation at the Conference. The program committee will evaluate each submitted paper on the basis of its significance and originality. Previously published manuscripts are not acceptable. This submission pattern is designed to solicit constructive feedback to researchers from conference attendees in order to improve ongoing research.
PAPER SUBMISSION PROCEDURE:
- Papers can only be submitted electronically via the Review's website. For further details on electronic submission, please visit the following website: https://www.rieb.kobe-u.ac.jp/tjar/conference/3rd/submission/submission.php
- Authors are invited to submit full papers written in English.
- The program committee will use a double-blind review process. To facilitate anonymous reviews, please do not include any author information and acknowledgments in your paper submission.
- Manuscript, including the main body, tables, and figures, must be submitted as a single PDF file. Hence, please convert your manuscript to PDF format prior to submission.
- No submission fee will be charged.
- Deadline for submission: 11:59 pm JST on July 2, 2012
- Notification of Acceptance: September 9, 2012
CONTACT ADDRESS: For further information, please contact:
Professor Hidetoshi Yamaji
The Japanese Accounting Review, Editor in chief
Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration (RIEB)
Nada, Kobe, 657-8501 JAPAN